Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

League Assignment: Pretend-buy yourself something nice

This week's assignment!

Here’s a blank check, now head over to the Profiles in History Dreier Collection auction and buy something nice for the cave. (You can buy more than one item, but leave some for the rest of us.)

Simple and short...I immediately was drawn to one specific piece and that was the uniform of Private Ryan from the 101st Airborne... I can't tell you how many times I drew Saving Private Ryan scenes in my sketchbook from grade 10 on.  Pretty much set me in the direction of a History Major and now History Teacher... I swear I'd wear this to school when I taught WWII which would be EVERY FREAKING DAY!!!! Band of Brothers marathon!  Anybody got 3 to 5 thousand dollars? :)


(I can't seem to copy or import this image so I'll just use some file shots of Matt Damon from the movie)
Can't not have a toy pic on here!



Brother Midnight is showing off some exorbitantly priced Outer Limits cards

Shezcrafti is looking at more things than my imagination can ever afford

Geek til it Hurts is eyeing up a Jaffa Costume from Stargate Atlantis...I wish they had a Horus or Anubis from the movie...

2 comments:

  1. Nice pick! That's a great film. And Band of Brothers is one of the greatest mini-series I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choice. One of my all-time favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete

Just adding a bit more security to the comments section due to a very high increase in spammers. Thanks for commenting!